jeudi 27 octobre 2011

Turncrafter Plus-PSI wood lathe review


For the last few years I've thought about buying a wood lathe. I have always been very interested in wood turning and thought it would make a great hobby, but I never really got started.

A friend of mine, Chuck, is a wood Turner very experienced and qualified and occasionally I get the chance to experiment with your lathe, and I've always liked the experience. He is always happy to let me use it and willing to teach me everything that I want to know, but I feel bad for him.

I never really had any serious and did my research on wood lathes since always felt that it was too expensive a hobby, and I really couldn't afford it. I knew that lathe Chuck, a large model by General, cost him several thousand dollars and just thought that was the normal price range. This has kept me away from touring for several years!

Recently I started to look at prices of wood lathe, only to find that there is a large market for much smaller lathes less expensive. After watching several reviews online and find most of them positive, I decided to invest in to Turncrafter plus\r from PSI.

This lathe was marketed as an inexpensive beginner lathe, and that is what really stood out for me. It cost just over $ 150, so don't expect too much. I was thrilled with the purchase anyway, since then I would be able to enter the wood turning, and if it didn't work then it wasn't as if I had made a great investment.

When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The Turncrafter came well packaged and looked great out of the box. It was very small, only about two meters in length and half a foot deep, but that it was perfect, since I don't have a lot of space in my shop. I was impressed with how heavy and solid seamed, since I was worried that for the money I would get something easy to break or fragile.

I attached a small piece of wood using included downtown alive and lit. Runs very quietly and smoothly, if you have it on speed faster or slower. I bought a set of tools for lathe with it, and have cut into my Chuck smooth like butter!

I turned a handful of pens and a candle on it so far, and I have not had a single problem. It holds the spindle runs very well and without sliding or choking. I couldn't be happier with this lathe. There are some limitations, mostly due to the small side, so maybe at some point I want to upgrade to a lathe, but for now is perfect.

If you're looking to get into wood turning I highly recommend the PSI Turncrafter as an economical alternative.



This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire